Tuesday, March 22, 2011

GOD'S HEART BREAKS FOR MARRIAGES

Hey everyone please forgive this aging Preacher Man and disregard my last post if you received it! Technology is great until you inadvertently hit the send key before you even get started! Here is what I meant to blog....

Man, just got in here this morning and already found out that two Christian marriages have tanked or are tanking out. The husband in one marriage is an uncaring, unfeeling workaholic and the wife has grown emotionally numb from neglect. So what does she do? She calls it quits and then calls her lawyer. The other marriage has lasted over 35 years, but a husband's consuming thoughts for a woman from the past finally broke the heart of his wife now. Regrettably, he chose a former fling, over an awesome present and an incredible future.

Whatever happened to "til death do us part"...which by the way most couples ask to have deleted from their wedding vows? Christan men need to "man up" and Christian women need to "woman up" and follow Jesus in their marriages, especially in their marriages. Jesus said "I have come to bring you life, and life in abundance" even to your marriages. I believe what was true then is still true today.

My heart broke this morning over the news, but you know what? I believe God's did too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think we have created (as a culture) a kind of marriage that is simply a legal contract. It is nothing more meaningful than that to many. I am not saying this to insinuate people know this going into it. I just think that divorce is such an easy thing now. You broke the contract, I want out of the deal. I am not happy, I want out of this thing. You hurt me badly, it sucks! I can't do this anymore. Pastor Kent who married us always told us... Love is an action not a feeling. I think that is kind of the basis for a Biblical marriage. Sometimes the feeling is not there. He doesn't take out the trash or she is grumpy after cleaning up puke and washing dirty kids and that is just not so attractive. But we all have the choice to act out love even when we don't feel it. To sacrifice even if it is inconvenient. And I really think that is paramount to marriage. But it is hard and sometimes people don't realize it will be so hard. And forgiving someone over and over again is hard. But I know from experience that if I am upset or angry, if I choose to show love (the action) even when I don't feel it, things get better.

You need to write more often... that is how you will get people looking at this thing ;)